Karl S. Williams – Lifeblood Album Tour & Art Exhibition
6 March @ 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm| $20
I love discovering artists who have that special IT – the Zeitgeist – watch out for Karl!
— Peter Noble, Festival Director – Bluesfest
With a weaponised voice that can soar, moan and ache with the best of them, a Karl S. Williams show is frequently referred to as a spiritual experience – delivered with a visceral conviction that leaves audiences profoundly moved.
Each show on the Lifeblood tour will also feature an exhibition of Karl’s ink drawings showcasing another side of this multifaceted artist.
For all who have something to say, rage to dissipate or creed to cry to the wind; Lifeblood is perhaps the album to carry with you into the days that are to come.
This is the music that keeps alight the flame of hope – and the chance to see this important work live should not be missed.
This is a people-powered project born of pure creative necessity – an approach that pervades the entire release as it is conducted entirely independently; a return to the basics.
ABOUT KARL S. WILLIAMS
Karl emerged from the cane country of Northern New South Wales, steeped in swamp water and primitive music. His songs are a distillation of life, love and the human condition; a kind of folk, soul, blues but not as you know it. His new material replies with vitriol to the ills of our time while offering the ageless solution – love more.
- Karl built his reputation over many years playing around South East QLD before his debut album Heartwood was released in 2014 on Footstomp Music/WMA to widespread acclaim
- Recognised as artist of the year at the inaugural Gold Coast Music Awards in 2015
- Took out a QMA in 2018 for the single ‘Blood To Give’
- Toured extensively in Australia including festivals such as Bluesfest, Woodford Folk Festival, Dark Mofo, Panama, Queenscliff and Festival of The Sun
- Supported artists such as Donavon, Frankenreiter, Mia Dyson, Tex Perkins, Don Walker and Busby Marou
He can channel the pain of life and warp it into beauty. — Beat
“I feel it is necessary for any vital art to turn a mirror upon the society in which it is spawned. My belief is that ultimately a society is made up of individuals who think, feel and love – so maybe the best place to point that mirror is at the heart.” Karl S Williams
ABOUT THE RHYTHM HUT
The Rhythm Hut is a not for profit, fully licensed music room and arts mecca enjoyed by musicians and music lovers alike.
Home-style food and Fudge Monkey desserts are available for purchase.
Under 18s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Tickets: $20 presale $25 door